3½ x 1¾ ins
The manuscript note set behind glass within the lid reads " This Box is part of H.M Geo 3rd Yacht Royal Sovereign built at Deptford & launched 1804. H.R.H. Grand Duke Contantine of Russia & the King of Russia on her the Princess Caroline of Brunswick also came to England in her to be married to the Prince Regent. The last time she was us'd by the Royal Family was to receive H.M. Wm. 4th & Queen Adelaid their Royal Highnesses Prince Geo. of Cumberland and Cambridge with the Foreign Ambassador to witness the launch of the 'Thunderer' & to open the new basin at Woolwich. The Royal Yacht being the first ship to enter. She was ordered to Chatham, from thence to Pembroke Dock at which place she was taken to pieces in January 1850 Wm. Mason Turner."
Stock ref: 14028